Each Fall, on the last full weekend of September, St. Thomas More Catholic Church holds its FALL FESTIVAL. This annual event, which brings our parish family together with visitors from throughout the area, is a major fundraiser for our church parish. Held on the grounds behind our beautiful church, our Fall Festival has grown from a small, annual parish gathering, to a large, three-day event with food booths, carnival rides, Live and Silent Auctions, Bingo, children's games, a 5-K Run/Fun Run, and much, much more!
Of course, an event of this magnitude requires a lot of planning and preparation. We could not manage this without the hard work of countless volunteers! Won't you consider joining your parish family this year by volunteering to work at our FALL FESTIVAL? Read on for ways you can get involved...
- Help with the set-up of the many food booths and lighting in the week prior to Fall Festival.
- There is much kitchen prep work that needs to be done the week prior to Fall Festival. We'll need help cutting onions on Tuesday, September 25th at 9:00 am in the Social Hall Kitchen. On Thursday, September 27th at 9:30 am we'll be cutting bell peppers, and at 5:00 pm that day we will clean and cut the chickens and assemble the shrimp kabobs. Bring your favorite knife and come join us!
- Donate items to our Live and Silent Auctions! We need quite a few items for our Auctions. Smaller items are needed for our Silent Auction, which is held throughout the Fall Festival weekend. Items such as household decorative items, costume jewelry, crafts, candles, etc. are always a hit with our bidders! More valuable items are needed for our Live Auction, which is held on Sunday at 1:00 pm under the Pavilion. Homemade lawn items and furniture, BBQ pits and fire-pits, swings, ice chests, guns, weekend getaways, fishing/hunting trips, etc. are just some of the favorite items of years past. And don't forget to come out and bid on our items! You could win some really great items and help your church at the same time!
- Are you a good cook? How about preparing your favorite dish for our Casserole Booth. Any dish that can be frozen would be appreciated! Prefer baking? Then whip up that special dessert and drop it off in the Social Hall on the Friday afternoon of Fall Festival to sell in our Sweets Booth!
- Sign-up to work in one of our many outdoor food booths. From hamburgers to seafood, there is a wide variety to choose from. Or, if you prefer, you can volunteer at one of the coke booths. How about selling carnival ride tickets in an air-conditioned Fair Ticket Booth, or taking a turn working the Bingo tables in our Social Hall? Our Silent Auction runs all day Saturday and Sunday in our Education Building and we need volunteers to man the tables! There's also the Gumbo, Casseroles and Sweets sold inside the Social Hall. Dining tables need clearing for patrons to sit and enjoy our delicious food, and there are soft drinks to be poured and dishes to be washed.
- Stay behind after all the festivities are over on Sunday evening to help with clean-up and booth tear-down.